13 Common Mistakes When Organising a Team Building Activity
February 17, 2014
Preparing and running a team building event can be simple or hard.
Many companies run their team building activities in house, depending on what you are doing, this can whether be great or a disaster. I thought it might be helpful to highlight some of the common mistakes that are made when setting up and running a team building activity.
- Underestimating the time it will take to prepare for an activity.
- Underestimating the time it will take for a large group to get from point a to point b, including toilet breaks etc. This can balloon out quickly if you are not prepared.
- Not having a clear outcome for your activity, not knowing what you want to get out of it.
- Not catering for a weather change - dont forget the ponchos!
- Not having a clear format for the day.
- Trying to do it all yourself - delegate and trust someone or multiple people to help you.
- Not being fully prepared - make sure you have a clear checklist that covers everything.
- Not doing a final check to make sure everything is organized.
- Not having attention to detail
- It being "lame"
- It not being challenging
- It not being fun
- Not using Beyond the Boardroom!
I hope these have been useful and assist you in running a successful team building event. Any help we can offer, please let us know!
Beyond the Boardroom
You might also like these posts