Mindfulness for Clarity and Focus
90mins or Half Day (All programs can be tailored to meet your agenda and team needs)
6 - 600 participants
Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney presenters in place
All year round
Mindfulness, the mental state of active attention in the present moment, has gained momentum during the last decade. Rightfully so!
Evidence based scientific research has shown that the practice of mindfulness techniques is an effective strategy to enhance cognitive performance including sustained focus and attention, enhanced clarity and creativity, increased ability to perform under pressure and adaption to change.
Mindfulness practice also enhances personal and corporate well-being by decreasing stress, anxiety and absenteeism, increasing resilience, emotional intelligence, enhancing psychological flexibility and improving sleep patterns.
With as little as 20 minutes over 4 days research has shown significant improvements in critical cognitive skills and changes in grey matter have been recorded after only 8 weeks of practice.
This workshop uses techniques from mindfulness based cognitive therapy and positive psychology as well as basic neuroscience to assist you to:
- Apply mindfulness techniques in your daily life
- Reduce the impact and influence of negative thoughts and feelings
- Increase your resilience, well-being and improve your sleep
- Respond more effectively in difficult situations
- Organise your optimal workday and remain focused under pressure
- Become more aware of your state of mind and challenge your habitual reactions
- Learn to nurture yourself and bring more joy into your life
In this workshop we introduce the research behind the practise of mindfulness and how to apply mindfulness in day to day life.
How it works
Mindfulness: for Clarity and Focus
In this awakening workshop we share valuable insight into the prolific research on why mindfulness matters and how you can introduce this powerful practise into your life.
Section One : Creating the space to think
- Myths Busting about Mindfulness
- Fascinating facts about Mindfulness and Neuroplasticity
Section Two: How do I do this?
- Mindfulness of the breath
- Body Scan: Progressive muscle relaxation
- Mindful waking: Focus on your feet
- Everyday Mindfulness at work
Savouring: Mindful eating
- Mindful Thoughts
- Mindful Relationships
If time permits: Practise the loving kindness meditation
So, how exactly is mindfulness practiced?
At a basic level, mindfulness is simply increased awareness and noticing. Taking time throughout your day to notice your body and sensations, thoughts, emotions, and the world around you.
Mindfulness can be practiced for a moment’s time by pausing to notice the sensation of your breath entering and leaving your body. Or, it can be incorporated into your day, by being especially aware of your thoughts and feelings and observe what’s happening around you and the impact on your feeling or thinking. It may also be immersing yourself for a moment, for 10 minutes, or for an hour, just be fully present in the moment - fully present in your life.