Powerful and Positive Communication at Work
Half Day (All programs can be tailored to meet your agenda and team needs)
6 - 600 participants
All year round
From $1600 + gst
Conversations that Count: powerful and positive communication at work
Good communication characterises high functioning workplaces. This workshop will build your ability to listen and speak effectively when it matters most. We cover crucial communication skills essential to support you to communicate positively with in a team, give and receive feedback across a team, and to listen effectively all of which have a major impact on your job effectiveness, and on the quality of your relationships with others.
Developing positive relationships requires empathy. Emotion researchers generally define empathy as the ability to sense other people’s emotions, coupled with the ability to imagine what someone else might be thinking or feeling. It requires deep listening to others, understanding verbal and nonverbal cues, and building the ability to appreciate the differences in others.
The ability to put judgement aside can be a key to building a level of trust in relationships that is truly vibrant, genuine, open and honest. Expressing care for another is more natural in some people than in others and is a skill that can be taught and nurtured.
How it works
This workshop will cover:
- Discover your communication energy network
- 3 components of Positive Communication
- Recognising the signs that it is time to talk about a situation
- Challenging conversations in the spot light
- Insight into own communication style under stress and identify the impact
- Identify emotional and behavioural barriers and ways to overcome reluctance to receiving and giving feedback
- Use techniques to constructively initiate a discussion
- The practical skill of active listen
- Discover the power of empathy in building trust
- Prepare and deliver feedback in a way that builds confidence in what you are saying
- Use techniques to prepare for receiving feedback, judge its validity and make decisions on what to do with the feedback
- Identify practical strategies to assist when responses to feedback are not helpful, acknowledging and refocusing these responses.
*Option of communication profiling:
10 min hard copy during the workshop