Team Building Sydney: How to Effectively Handle Team Tasks
January 11, 2017
Once a project is assigned to your team, dividing the work to your team members according to their abilities, strengths and skills is the most common thing to do. Trusting that your team will do their part and work on the task assigned to them while you monitor the progress of the project seems like a familiar sight for most team leaders.
However, have you ever considered teaching your team some tips on how they can effectively do the task with minimal supervision? If not yet, you can check the list below to make sure that your team is well informed.
- Trim Your Tasks – Know your limits. Do not try to accomplish all of your tasks in one day. Productivity is not just about finishing a lot of tasks, it also takes into consideration the quality of the work your team do. Make sure that you come up with a daily list that has 3 to 5 tasks in them. You can add other tasks on this list as you go along with your day.
- Create a Schedule along with Your To-Do List – The to-do list guides you with your daily tasks but you also need to specify a timeframe for the completion of each task. That is why you need to create a schedule for all of the tasks listed on your to-do list. A schedule can help you to be more organized when it comes to doing your daily tasks
- Prioritize – Know the most important task that you need to do for that day and DO IT FIRST. Your mind is in its clearest state in the morning that is why it is best to do the most important work during this time. As much as possible, do not start your day by checking your email. You can check your inbox later in the day. Dedicate the first few hours of your time at work for the more important tasks.
- Plan Your Tomorrow Tonight – Spending some time in doing a simple planning of the things that you need to accomplish the next day gives you a momentum in establishing a productive day. This also avoids you from having a chaotic morning at work. Knowing what needs to be done ahead of time relaxes your mind in the morning. You’ll surely feel the difference once you practice this every night.
- Challenge yourself and Enjoy – It is really hard to get the work that you enjoy the most. If you are getting bored with the usual routines, what you need to do is to challenge yourself. Learn something that you have not yet done before. There are a lot of new things that you can learn within the company. You can visit your Human Resources Department for team building Sydney professional development events that the company has.
There are many different things that can help your team to be more productive and effective with their daily tasks. These are just some of the few basic ones that they should know and practice at work. You can include discussing these tips in your team building events. For more ideas in developing your team, give us a call today!
You might also like these posts